Jess's Reviews > Iron Kissed

Iron Kissed by Patricia Briggs

F 50x66
May 31, 2008

Read in May, 2008

** spoiler alert ** I just finished this book last night and it tore my soul apart. It was so well-done and how the love triangle ended was such a good way. It didn't cast anyone in a bad light; instead it was almost an illumination to so many things.

Moreover was this book about the fae. Zee - her mentor and friend - and Uncle Mike ask for Mercy's help on the fae reservations, where the fae have been killed and that's no easy task. Zee is accused of killing someone several days later. Mercy's convinced he didn't do it and will do anything to prove it. And does. She goes through hell to free him. I can't ruin the plot, but my heart broke in itty bitty pieces at the end. I wanted to hug her and make it all better. It wasn't just a plot device, but something that helped people understand her. And it made her bond with one of the most unlikely characters. The whole thing worked and I usually loathe that storyline. The fallout will last for a long time and change Miss Independent in ways that leaving Samuel changed her so long ago.

I'm still reeling and it's been 12 hours since I finished it. This book deserves five stars plus some in my world.
3 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Iron Kissed.