Gwen's Reviews > Inheritance

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

Nov 16, 11

Read from November 10 to 16, 2011

*No Spoilers!* :D

I really debated whether to give this four or five stars. The only reasons I would have given it four stars would be for his grammer (because I just rolled my eyes every time he used the word 'nevertheless'), and there were some parts that dragged a little. But then again, I think every book in this series had those moments.

But I have to say . . . I am very very happy with the way this book turned out. It was just as good, and maybe even better (I haven't decided yet), than the previous three. As all series should be! These days I have been disappointed with the horrible end-of-series' books. And I was also worried before I started reading because there was a lot of mixed reviews. But then I got to thinking. He can't make everyone happy. There is no way that is possible, and people shouldn't think it's going to turn out the way they wanted it. What's the point of reading if you are determined that the book is going to end a certain way!? All readers should open their minds to the worlds that books hold and take it as what it is. Also, we all know that there is a lot of foreshadowing in these books, and if anyone was reading closely enough to see, they really would know how it would end. Which it did...

As always, Christopher Paolini has not let me down, and I was sucked into his world for the last three days. AH! I'm so happy I was finally able to read this, and even more so that I really enjoyed it. I have to say, there was one thing that I did not like, but I will not say because that will be spoiling it. So, whoever has read it can message me or something, and then we can talk about it.

Now...there were some...actually A LOT, of things that never got answered. But then I read the acknowledgments at the end....Still mulling over what he said. :P

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inheritance.

Quotes Gwen Liked

Christopher Paolini
“As he was about to leave, she said, "Murtagh."
He paused and turned to regard her.
She hesitated for a moment, then mustered her courage and said, "Why?" She though he understood her meaning: Why her? Why save her, and now why try to rescue her? She had guessed at the answer, but she wanted to hear him say it.
He stared at her for the longest while, and then, in a low, hard voice, he said, "You know why.”
Christopher Paolini, Inheritance

11/10/2011 page 78
9.0% "Whoooo! >:D"
11/14/2011 page 320
38.0% "There were some slow parts in the beginning, but it's getting really good now."
11/15/2011 page 402
47.0% "He uses the word 'nevertheless' a alot. Kinda just noticed this."
11/16/2011 page 756
89.0% "So close to finishing!! Hopefully I'll be able to tonight!! ^_^"
show 1 hidden update…

Gwen O_O YES. BUT I FOUND A MISTAKE A PAGE 40. LOL

message 5: by Lexie (new) - added it

Lexie GASP. O_O
BUT YAYYY! :D

Annie *dies of jealousy* :)

Corri I also saw the mistake that you saw xD I was on page 40 and said "Oh, so thats what gwen was talking about. LOL"

Gwen LOL, yup

Corri I was surprised that that wasn't caught...it's kinda a biggie.

Kelvin Well poop, I completely missed it

message 11: by Gwen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gwen Why DIDN'T you buy!? :O it

message 12: by Gwen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gwen Haha, I'm totally with you. My husband lets me buy one book a month. Which is totally fine because I have about 20 on my to-read shelf right now. :P lol

message 13: by Gwen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gwen LOL, I'm 23 and been married for 5 years. :P Maybe I should try to sound a little older...haha

message 14: by Gwen (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gwen LOL, that's alright. I usually assume the same thing :P

Corri LOL this whole conversation has entertained me....How old do you think I am Wendy? *grin*

Corri Darn, you guessed it spot on... Ah well, you don't act a heck of a lot older...and I mean that in the best way possible of course.