Erin's Reviews > Shanna

Shanna by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss

This was my mom's favorite book and since I was little she has always preached to me about how much I would love it and why it was brilliant.
She loved it so much that by the time it got into my hands, it was worn and tattered-broken in half and pages taped in and taped back together-which, of course,made it a difficult read.
I found my mother's view of this book to be true...

This was my second Kathleen E.Woodiwiss novel-My first being The Flame and the Flower-which I loved, so I decided to tackle this 672 paged book-the largest amount of pages I had read at the time.
It did become one of my favorite books.
I loved Ruark Beauchamp (the hero) and couldn't understand why he fell in love with Shanna When he could have been with me-with her being a such a brat and only thinking about herself-but somehow,he knew she could change and loved her for her good aspects instead of the bad-I liked how he could forgive so easily even with all the pain she puts him through-and he never gives up on her. Striving to show her how much he loves and cares for her through out the book.

Though Shanna may be immature and self-centered in living the dream of her childhood fantasy, Rurak literally moves haven and earth for her love.
I think many woman want the perfect suitor and I believe Ruark is just that. He is simply perfect and so devoted to Shanna, it kills me.

'Shanna' was written as if it was meant to be poetry! I love the dialogue and have doggy eared my favorite pages.
I felt myself grow with Shanna. At the beginning, all I could describe her as was: selfish, naive and childish. But she grew up as the book progresses. The characters notice and of course, the reader's notice-including her father who was well aware of her faults and didn't put them aside like Ruark did.

Shanna grew to be a woman-mature, grown up and radiant-having been strong-willed the whole time-nothing much changed there. She became more accepting and loving to Ruark who always deserved her love. The Love scenes are intense-the dialogue beautiful. I will forever love this book.

I think there is much to be enjoyed in watching Shanna, a headstrong young girl become a caring adult, as well as falling in love with the irresistible, Ruark Beauchamp.
5 STARS!!
8 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shanna.

Quotes Erin Liked

Kathleen E. Woodiwiss
“It was terrible of you," Shanna pouted, but her eyes danced as they turned askance to meet his. "I could have left, you know. I was that angry."
"I would have followed you," Ruark assured with a flash of white teeth. "You have my heart and my baby. You would not have escaped.”
Kathleen E. Woodiwiss, Shanna

message 1: by Karla (new)

Karla Erin, that cover of yours is from the Futura/Troubadour edition, so I added the image to the edition here.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Nice review Erin..I know there are those who dont care for this author but this one is still my all time favorite. I still have the original HC and paperback my covers are this Shanna by Kathleen E. Woodiwiss

Erin Karla--YOu ARE AWESOME!- when i saw it wasn't there i was like...okaayyyyy :P SO thanks!

Erin I always loved that cover, Sandi! Both of these covers are beautiful in my opinion.

Sandi *~The Pirate Wench~* Erin wrote: "Karla--YOu ARE AWESOME!- when i saw it wasn't there i was like...okaayyyyy :P SO thanks!"

You ever need a cover for a book..ask Karla the pro.."she always gets her cover"LOL!

Erin lol XD will DO XD

message 7: by Melanie (new)

Melanie Wonderful review Erin!

Erin Thanks so much, Melanie <3