Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R's Reviews > Beautiful Disaster

Nov 15, 11

bookshelves: favorites, contemporary-romance, tear-jerker, top-fav-2011
Read from November 10 to 12, 2011

5+ Stars

Since this book was so awesome,My Chickie, Rhonda and I did a joint review. http://samsawesomness.blogspot.com/20...

Bitter Sweet Love!

PhotobucketRhonda: This book was simply wonderful!!! Not since Perfect Chemistry has a Young Adult book captured my attention this way. On a whim I opened this book up to finally read it, and WOW, I was hooked from the opening pages. This was such an emotional journey of ups and downs, and I was constantly on edge waiting for that detrimental moment when everything was truly going to go up in flames.

Photobucket
Elena: That is so true Rhonda! I'm a huge "Funtes Brothers" Fan, so I had to jump on Rhonda's wagon and read this novel.Especially when she was teasing me on how good the book is. Lol!! She did not disappoint with this Rec. It's PERFECTION! Exactly what I like to read in a YA novel.

PhotobucketRhonda: Abby Abernathy is running from her past in every way, from her parentage, to who she is. She and her best friend America run off to Eastern University, where she can start fresh. And almost immediately she runs straight into Travis Maddox, who smacks of everything she’s running from. Abby already knows the scoop on Travis and what a ho dog he is. Travis is a bad boy in every sense, he’s doesn’t hide what he is, and has no shame… at all!!! He fights in a traveling fight ring called The Circle where bets are made, and this is how how makes his living.

Photobucket
Elena: This couple will leave your draw dropping with their confusing relationship. Abby sees right through Travis and knows the real man he is and always will be. She promises herself not to fall for his charms. But who can't? Rhonda and I gushed over his nickname for Abby, "Pigeon" That says a whole lot. Lol!! Travis is an irresistible cutie pie! Travis isn't used to the hard-to get chicks, he's more of a chick magnet, no one refuses him. Except, now he's met his challenge, Abby. Abby changes Travis in so many ways, but at times she's too dumb to realize she's truly special to him.

PhotobucketRhonda: I agree Elena, Travis and Abby are completely dysfunctional, but so perfect together. They had my emotions in a state of chaos all the time, they had my heart breaking on several occasions for each other. I was angry with both of them on several occasions but my heart just kept rooting for them to finally get their act together even when there was one obstacle after another constantly being thrown in their way, and at times they were their own worst enemy.

Photobucket
Elena: Friendships, Heartaches, Tears, Love, Devotion, you name it,this book will throw it at you in such a manner you'll have a Love / Hate relationship with the characters and enjoy the plot of the story just because it made your toes curl.

PhotobucketRhonda: You are so right Elena, there were times when I didn't think my heart could take anymore, but I was so in love with the story and characters that I had to keep going because I just had to know what was going to happen. Jamie McGuire knocked this one out of the park! One of the best YA novels I've ever read, and I must give a shout out to the secondary characters, Shep and America. These two were so much fun and I think they gave the story a good balance.

Photobucket
Elena: Trust me,you don't know what you're missing till you've read the novel and realize you can't bookmark your page in fear you'll miss what's gonna happen next. It'll suck you in and spit you out feeling whole. I Loved It!

Our Interview with Jaime Mcguire

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beautiful Disaster.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Rhonda This is what I found on her website:
- Beautiful Disaster, the second novel completed by Jamie, is scheduled to be released in 2012.

Holly How are you liking this one E?? I just loved it!!

Rhonda I'm jumping in Holly, I love it, but I keep waiting on something bad to happen... :-(

Holly I know right, Rhonda - I was that way too, it such an emotional roller coaster, but I loved every minute!! :)

Rhonda Crap, crap, crap!! I'm 62% in..... Crap!!!! Lol!!!
I don't know how far E is, so I don't want to say anything

Holly Hang in there girl!! LOL

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Omg!!!!!!! Is soooo good! I'm scared it's gonna end with a cliffy. I wonder what book 2 will be on?

I reached 75% and I would keep reading but I can't cancel my kids appointment Lol!! I'm addicted!

Holly Is there a book 2?? I just totally fell in love with these characters, they are so beautifully flawed!

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Rhonda said there was a book 2 in her first comment it's suppose to be released in 2012.

I wish I could find more ya books like these, I haven't come across any since the Perfect Chemistry series.

At least in this novel these hot guys are in college! Lol!! No guilty thoughts from me. Lolz!!!!!

Holly BAHAAAAAAAAAA!!! I know right!! I love when I find a good one!! I have read some good ones recently!

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R U damn straight, I swear I dreamt of Travis last night! I should feel ashamed but I'm not! Rotfl!!!!!

You come across anything novels as these, I want Rec's Holly. :) It's a nice change in genre and drama. Lol!! I love it!

Holly Crave (The Clann #1) by Melissa Darnell Die for Me (Revenants, #1) by Amy Plum& Forbidden by Tabitha Suzumawere all excellent!! The last one was a bit heavy though!

I really enjoyed Angel Burn (Angel, #1) by L.A. Weatherlytoo!!

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Ooooo Thanks Holly!

I'll randomly choose one of those Rec's when I need it most. I have been eyeballing to read "Angel Burn" Nice to know it was good :D

Rhonda I have at least 2 of those titles Holly.

Holly They were all very good Rhonda!!

Miss Kim Love the review guys! :)

Rhonda Great.Review!! :-P

Rhonda Miss Kim wrote: "Love the review guys! :)"

Thank you! :-)