Jenn's Reviews > Hush, Hush

Dec 31, 11

bookshelves: supernatural, ya, wtf-was-that
Read on December 26, 2011

My brain! It hurts!

Seriously, the book was too long for the story it told. I wish there had been more back story on the angels and that Norah and Vee weren't so stupid. Plus the ending, ugh!

And, what the hell does the name of the book have to do with its content?

The more I think about, the more annoyed I get. . .

The author has a decent premise, but she dumbed the book down by making it too long and full of unneeded scenes. The characters were annoying, stupid or kind of unlikeable. The 'hero' was supposed to be a dark mystery, but considering how much time the heroine spent afraid of him I spent a good portion of the book wanting to smack her.

The author wasted the use of Dubria. She had an opportunity to provide back story on angel politics, lifestyle and history but chose not to use it.

Meh, meh, meh! I can't believe I lost sleep for that book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hush, Hush.

12/26/2011 page 166
42.0% "It's a bit Twilighty with the mysterious, angsty, dark male and the generally clueless female being paired together in Biology class. So far it's an easily addictive read and since I'm not taking it seriously hopefully I'll like it better than some of the reviewers have."
12/26/2011 page 261
67.0% "This book is taking a while to get to the point. Seems to me I would satisfied with about 75 less pages of 'blah'. Thank your goodies that this is fiction because I really want to slap some smarts into Norah. And have I mentioned what a stupid name 'Patch' is for a hero/love interest?"