VampireNovelFan's Reviews > This Haunted World

This Haunted World by Mark Powers

Nov 10, 11

bookshelves: mystery, urban-fantasy, arc, net-galley
Read in November, 2011

*ARC Provided by Sea Lion Books

This Haunted World is creepy! It kicks off with a wounded soldier explaining what happened on the battlefield. He describes a mysterious tribe who completely annihilates his troop. Nobody believes him, but from the looks of it, they will soon wish they had. There is a good deal of disturbing imagery, suspense, and paranormal elements. The art is well done and several stills capture the characters expressions really well. It's certainly an interesting start to this series, leaving you wondering what's in store for the characters.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read This Haunted World.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sea Lion Books Thanks, VampireNovelFan!

VampireNovelFan My pleasure!

message 3: by jD (new)

jD The description makes me think of the world of Stephen King's "The Stand". Sounds creepy and depressing.

VampireNovelFan jD wrote: "The description makes me think of the world of Stephen King's "The Stand". Sounds creepy and depressing."

Yeah, I see it going in that direction. Did you get to read Pale Demon yet? I've entered her costume contest to win an ARC for book 10. Wish me luck!

message 5: by jD (new)

jD Oh yeah on Pale Demon. You need to hit up my review. I can't wait for the next one. I am still 'Team Pierce' WTF is up with what happened to him???? You should have told me LoL On the other hand, Trent is all that. I just know Rachael is unlucky at love so I don't want to waste Trent on her BS. I got over my dislike of Ivy finally and somehow I suddenly love Al.

VampireNovelFan jD wrote: "Oh yeah on Pale Demon. You need to hit up my review. I can't wait for the next one. I am still 'Team Pierce' WTF is up with what happened to him???? You should have told me LoL On the other han..."

HAHAHA! Wow I will give it a read. I'm Team Trent forever, even with Rachel's craziness, lol. I started to love Al in WWBC and I've always just been neutral to Ivy. Don't really like her or hate her.

message 7: by jD (new)

jD Have you read For Love of an Angel (The Fallen Warriors #1) by Rosalie Lario
I want to read something new and different next.

VampireNovelFan jD wrote: "Have you read For Love of an Angel (The Fallen Warriors #1) by Rosalie Lario
I want to read something new and different next."

No, but I'm starting to like Angels.

message 9: by jD (new)

jD It was cheap on Amazon and had good ratings. I will let you know if it meets up with the hype.

VampireNovelFan jD wrote: "It was cheap on Amazon and had good ratings. I will let you know if it meets up with the hype."

cool. thanks!