Shellie Cruz's Reviews > Dark Eden

Dark Eden by Patrick Carman

Nov 10, 11

Read on November 10, 2011

I was so excited to get my hands on this book, I had read so many great things about it and it lived up to them. You get to experience what it’s like to face your fears through some traumatic ways and then be ‘cured’ from them after leaving Fort Eden.

Will has been going to therapy for years and has been taking his auto files, when he finds out that he’ll be going to Fort Eden he steals the files of ‘The 7’ and repeats them. When he and the other 6 meet up, they don’t know him at all but he knows each and every one of them and what their deepest darkest fears are.

I read through this in just a couple of hours, towards the end of the book everything clicked together and got better. You finally understand why certain things happen, the attitude of some, what will now happen. I so wasn’t expecting what Patrick had turned this story into but it’s grand!

There was a love interest in Dark Eden, Will of course knew her more than she knew him but he finally started to open up towards her. It wasn’t a insta-love or anything like that, just a cute romance that came about. I loved the other characters in this book besides the 7 that we see going through their ‘treatment’ but you don’t really find out about them and their background until towards the end of the book. The timing of springing that surprise on you is awesome.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Eden.

11/10/2011 page 154
11/10/2011 page 336
100.0% "Review to come =)"
show 1 hidden update…