Jessica Johnson's Reviews > Sweet Evil

Read from May 15 to 22, 2012

Sweet Evil by Wendy Higgins

Goodreads Description

Embrace the Forbidden

What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences?

This is the reality for sons and daughters of fallen angels.

Tenderhearted Southern girl Anna Whitt was born with the sixth sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger, but Anna, the ultimate good girl, has always had the advantage of her angel side to balance the darkness within. It isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage and her willpower is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

Forced to face her destiny, will Anna embrace her halo or her horns?

Why did I pick this?

I loved the cover. I've heard everyone showing some major cover love for this book. It's beautiful. I also chose this because I was so intrigued. It sounded so completely different than what I've ever read before. So I picked it up for my DAC 2012. :-)

What did I think?

I absolutely loved the story line. I've never heard of a story like this. It was so different. I loved it!

Although I will be honest and say that it was a little hard to get into for me. There was a lot of information to absorb....and then it wasn't until after I finished the book that I realized there was a little guide at the back haha!

I loved the world that Anna and Kai lived in. Higgins did an amazing job of building and completely captivated me with the characters. Each one of them.

I did like Anna a lot. She had a really great personality. Also had a strength that she never really thought she had. I love the silent strength types although she was fragile at the same time. She made me feel like she would break at any moment but she always held it together. It was very admirable. She was very passionate and caring which I found amazing.

Kaiden was smoldering. Seriously. I looooooved him. What better guy than be a son of the demon of LUST? Right?! Holy crap. *fans self* He was so dang hard and hot.....and also fragile. But he didn't like to show it. At all.

You can't show any weakness with the Dukes of Sin. I totally loved that whole concept. Seven is one of my favorite movies and I've always liked the idea of the Seven Deadly Sins being made into a movie and books. In a creepy way lol.

This was totally beyond anything that I've had ideas for. This world was amazingly built. Everything was so intense and full of mysteries.

Anna and Kai's relationship is complicated to say the least but so amazingly epic. It was so unique and special. Which made it better. I seriously cannot wait what else Wendy has up her sleeve for this trilogy. It left with a little bit of a cliffhanger that I'll be eagerly anticipating.

Favorite Quote:

I let the meaning of what just happened soak in. We'd come so close, and Kaiden denied himself. For me. He'd made his very first self-sacrifice. For me. He'd defied his demon father. For me. - Pg. 239
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sweet Evil.

05/15/2012 page 20