sunset shimmer's Reviews > Pandemonium

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Nov 28, 14

bookshelves: covergasm, 2012-faves, all-time-faves, i-just-have-a-lot-of-feelings
Read from March 04 to 08, 2012 — I own a copy

Read a more coherent review of this book over at my blog.

_________________________

OMG. OH MY GOD.

OH. MY. FUCKING. CLIFFHANGER.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH.

*several screaming fits later*

(view spoiler)

(For those of you who haven't read this book, DO NOT click that. >_> It'll ruin the entire book. I warned you. For those of you who have read it, well, be my guest. xD)

WHY, LAUREN OLIVER. WHY WOULD YOU GIVE ME THE BIGGEST CLIFFHANGER OF THE CENTURY LIKE THAT? WHY WOULD YOU DO SOMETHING THAT I NEVER EVER EVER EXPECTED YOU TO DO?

WHY? WHY, DAMMIT, WHYYYY?

Ugh. I can't even, you guys. I just can't even. I was literally screaming like a maniac at the book. Literally. My mom even knocked on my door to check if I was okay. ._.

4.5 stars, only because I didn't quite like the "then and now" chapters, but my God, that ending. What the fucking fuck?

Fucking fuckity fuck fuck fuckaroonie.

Fuck.

Okay well, now that I've calmed down a little I want to say this.

(view spoiler)

Agh, I don't know. What do you guys think about all this?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pandemonium.

03/04/2012 page 45
03/04/2012 page 76
20.0% "*sigh* I miss Alex. ._. I don't want another love interest. It won't be the same." 11 comments
03/05/2012 page 93
25.0% "I'm not sure I really like this "then and now" chapter system." 2 comments
03/06/2012 page 124
33.0% "Yeah, I really don't like this "then and now" thing. ._." 1 comment
03/07/2012 page 170
45.0% "Okay, I'm finally getting into this." 3 comments
03/08/2012 page 202
54.0% "YES. I'm definitely getting into the story now. xD"
03/08/2012 page 207
55.0% "Wow. Lena is actually.......badass."
03/08/2012 page 232
62.0% ":'c That chapter made me all teary-eyed, I'm not gonna lie."
03/08/2012 page 349
93.0% "I knew it I knew it I knew it I knew it I knew it."
03/08/2012 page 375
100.0% "...... What? WHAT? WHAT WHAT WHATWHATWHATWOAIHNDPOHASOFNSD[POGIDJF. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT. WHY. WHYWHYWHYWHUEHWUIELJWERHIUEWFNEWNFF,DSFLDFD FFFFFFFUUUUCK."

oceana AGAIN?

sunset shimmer But worse. So so so sososososoosooooo much worse than the one in book 1.

Seriously.

Aleeeeeza FUCK is right, moi friend. book one's cliffo ain't got SHIT on the one in book 2. i swear, it ripped. me. apart.

sunset shimmer I don't even know anything anymore. Ugh.

Aleeeeeza not that it has anything to do with pandemonium, but i'm kind of curious: are you muslim? cause fauzan is a muslim name, and as far as i'm aware indonesia has a majority of muslims so...

i dunno but i feel like such a dumbass asking this :D

sunset shimmer Lol well my family is Muslim, but I'm far from religious. I'm just one of those people that play by the rules even though in truth I'm not really into religion. I don't know if I'm an atheist because of that. I wouldn't call myself one.

I don't know... I can't really describe it lol.

Aleeeeeza yeah, i can understand, kind of. i mean, i guess you could say i am pretty religious--i wear a bhurka, cover my head regularly, fast, and all o'that. but sometimes i have a hard time getting all spiritual, which kind of scares me. but i just think of it as a small roadblock on my journey towards a state-of-eternal-peace-with-myself-and-God.

right.

oceana NOOOOOOO FUCK NO NO NO NO NO NO.

Can she ever give us a happy ending?

Did it end with them being separated again?

message 9: by sunset shimmer (last edited Mar 08, 2012 03:21PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

sunset shimmer No. Think of the most shocking, most SHOCKING SHOCKING UNBELIEVABLE THING THAT WOULD NEVER EVER CROSS YOUR MIND EVER. Happening.

It's not a happy ending. It's not a sad ending.

It's just unbelievably mindfucking.

message 10: by Alicia (last edited Mar 08, 2012 04:02PM) (new)

Alicia So . . . you didn't like the ending then?

Damn. I hate cliffhangers so much. I'm gonna have to wait until the next book is published to even think about reading this. x-(

oceana I guess if it isn't a sad ending it isn't so bad . . .

FUCK THIS SHIT. I'll just be a stripper.

xDDDDDDD.

sunset shimmer I don't know how I feel about the ending to be honest, Alicia.

It's just so.... Holy crap. ._. It was the last thing on my mind.

oceana Damn it, I want to CLICK IT SO BADLY.

sunset shimmer DON'T. DOOOOON'T.

It will ruin everything, I swear to you.

oceana Eek, I'm like, "no, don't click it, Sabrina, don't click it..."

I WANT TO CLICK IT SO BADLY.

*slaps self*

sunset shimmer OH CRAP. YOU PRESSED LIKE AND IT SHOWS ON MY HOME SCREEN. THE SPOILER THINGY.

DELETE IT DELETE IT DELETE IT DELETE IT.

message 17: by Beatriz (new) - added it

Beatriz  Lins ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO D:
OMG, I want to read this book so badly, but I CAN'T. I don't want to freak out with the ending (I know it's something related to Alex. Something in my gut is telling me it's related to him! D:)

sunset shimmer *zips mouth shut* >_<

oceana AHHHH I CAN'T MAKE A LOT IF UPDATES

sunset shimmer Nevermind I fixed it. xD I think. Gawd, I hope you didn't see it. x_x

Adrianna Omg. I could hug you. You spoke exactly what I was thinking, EXACTLY.

message 22: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie I just finished Delirium and I really want to click that 'view spoiler' because I have to wait til tomorrow to buy Pandemonium, its killing me so bad ... :(

Adrianna Katie, my advice to you, wait until Requiem comes out and just read both of them back to back .___. I'm pretty much killing myself waiting. The cliffhanger is so much harder to deal with than the one in Delirium D:

message 24: by Katie (new) - added it

Katie Really Adrianna? Oh, man, that's just tempting me more. I don't think that I can wait 10months! And I really dread the end of Pandemonium, I can't imagine how it can be worse than Delirium! :(

message 25: by Marielle (new) - added it

Marielle I just clicked on the spoiler and I haven't read it yet. WHY MUST I RUIN THINGS FOR MYSELF?? Now I have to wait until I forget about it :/

sunset shimmer Aww. D: That sucks.

message 27: by Anya (new) - rated it 3 stars

Anya Put down this book for now cos i don't think my heart can take the cliffie. Some doltwad posted the spoiler rightaway. And hence ruined it for me.

sunset shimmer Aww, you saw the big spoiler? D: That sucks.

oceana I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

message 30: by Katy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Katy I know! I felt like someone just kicked me in the gut and ripped my heart out. :(

message 31: by Lore (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lore I feel the pain too. WHY DOES SHE DO THIS TO US? Isn't once enough? Apparently not.

Patsy Orteza that's how I reacted. I STILL CAN'T BELIEVE IT. ASDFKHASLDJFDFJALSDKFJASKJ I DIE.

Sheyenne Sheathes ;) its not a cliff hanger its worse. . . its hanging on by dear life to a little thread thats fraying on the edge of a 100 ft drop into oblivion and all you can do is hold on until 2013. . .

shaylee your review made me happy :)

Feu d'Issey (Laura) Hee hee, that pretty much sums up how I felt at the end of Pandemonium too! Wow.

message 36: by Kari (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kari I think I love you.... XD

Lauren This is exactly how I felt. I honestly hate Julian, and when I read when Raven said there was a new guy at the homestead, I knew exactly who it was, and I had a little fit of excitement. Unfortunately I was in a public place as I read this last chapter. So all of the strangers in that room now know how strangely excited I get over books.

Susana Oh my god you're so funny!! Loved your review. I'm totally with you on this one, what a cliffhange. When I saw the last word "Alex" I was like, please god let there be more in the next page. And it was over. =O

Caroline Love.this.review. Dying laughing over those gifs!

betty i love you. :')

Ortal holy cliffhanger. what the fuck. was NOT expecting that

Izzat Zainal I haven't read the book yet. But I have this cliffhanger assumption and I hope it's not it.

The cliffhanger assumption of mine is: (view spoiler)

Hope that's not just it. Because if it is it's predictable. :/

Izzat Zainal Yes it is. :/

sunset shimmer Izzat wrote: "Yes it is. :/"

(view spoiler)

Izzat Zainal fяσzєη wrote: "Izzat wrote: "Yes it is. :/"

[spoilers removed]"

No, it's fine. It's not just you who didn't see it coming, and it wasn't just me who did see it coming. But the major majormajorMAJOR thing that's an issue for us is that:

(view spoiler)

Sighs. The third book is told from Hana's perspective too. Shit I hate this. I think you should read Hana to know why.

message 46: by Tal (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tal OMG you stole my words my mom called me a mainiac because i screamed all over the screaming "he's alive!he's alive! But Julian!!!!" I think my mom wants to take me to a shrink cause i got so excited..... But i kinda expected everything to happen: her mather and julian and alex. Still, whan it happened who didn't scream!??!?!?!!?!
so as you said : "Fucking fuckity fuck fuck fuckaroonie."
my new favorite quote!

message 47: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam Hutcher-Felton wellll, you were right about the part where he turned into a jackass *sigh*

message 48: by Ty (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ty lol i agree with Tal's last comment. you rant was funny. but i totaly agree. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ALEX AND I KNEW AND LOVED???

Rachel I don't think he was brainwashed. I think he was just really pissed that she got over him.

message 50: by Talyn (new) - added it

Talyn I'm like, 60 pages in and I can tell Alex is alive..I could just..TELL.

« previous 1