Vim's Reviews > Inheritance

Inheritance by Christopher Paolini

Nov 11, 11

bookshelves: young-adult, fantasy
Read from November 09 to 10, 2011

I've waited years for this. It's kinda exciting when you don't know whatever will happen to the book series you're reading then suddenly you hear news about a new book for the series. That's what I felt when I saw the book cover of "Inheritance" in Shelfari.com. My observations with Christopher Paolini's writing is that he really takes his time. I don't know if its writers bloc but I guess that's the way he writes. It's always a long wait.

Anyways, reading Inheritance was quite an experience (Well every book in the series is). Like Eldest and Brisngr, it's really long. It took me a while to gather my thoughts in reviewing this book properly. It's because when I read the book, I have some sets of expectations and questions that will hopefully be answered. One of which is how do they kill Galbatorix, the main Antagonist of the story.

Now, I certainly agree with adding a 4th book and not just ending with a trilogy. Some scenes in the book are totally unexpected like new facts and twists. One of which is the Answer to Solembum the Werecat's riddle to Eragon and how did the Werecat got the riddle, Will Murtagh die?, Will Eragon and Arya finally be together? How will the Dragon riders continue after the war, and Who will be the new ruler of Alagaesia after Galbatorix is killed?

This book is full of answers as well as more questions for us readers. I read a couple of rants about the ending of the book because I guess they were looking for a happy ending. I don't mean to say the ending will be tragic, I guess its more of a realistic kinda way in a fantasy output where people have to perform their duties and responsibilities above themselves.

In this book, many new facts about the world of Alagaesia was given, Christopher Paolini has created a world that has some solid history, culture and environment. What excites me is that on the Acknowledgement page, Paolini mentioned that he might continue the story of the world of Alagaesia in the future. He doesn't know when or how soon but he will.

Reading that Acknowledgement made me realize after that the ending of the book is just fitting. Knowing that there will be more is comforting even if it'll take a while.

Thank you Christopher Paolini for a really Epic series. The Inheritance Cycle is one of my all time favorites.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Inheritance.

message 1: by Caz (new)

Caz Edmunds Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. :(

message 2: by Vim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vim Caz wrote: "Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. :("

It's okay =] it'll be worth it

message 3: by Caz (new)

Caz Edmunds Vim wrote: "Caz wrote: "Looks like I have a lot of catching up to do. :("

It's okay =] it'll be worth it"

Hope so. Half pa nga lang ako ng Eldest and parang na burn out ako. hehe. But andyan pa and pati Brisngr naka-antabay na. :)

message 4: by Vim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vim Naku ang hirap talaga basahin ng eldest pagkatapos ko nun Hindi ko agad binasa ang brisngr kala ko pangit. Anyways happy reading! =]

message 5: by Caz (new)

Caz Edmunds Whew...at least hindi lang pala ako nahirapan sa Eldest. hehe. Pero ang Eragon tinapos ko back then. Nag-absent pa from work just to finish it. LOL!

message 6: by Vim (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vim Hahaha ako naman minarathon ko yung 1st to books after a friend recommended it to me. Halos di na ako natulog. Lol