Guillermo's Reviews > The Walking Dead, Vol. 02: Miles Behind Us

The Walking Dead, Vol. 02 by Robert Kirkman

Nov 10, 2011

did not like it
Read in November, 2011

There was also the shed of hope that, as the story progressed, I'd open up to Kirkman. Or at least, he'd improved. With The Walking Dead Vol. 2: Miles Behind Us - which collects issues #7-12 - Kirkman gets wordier. It's like during the zombie holocaust, everyone's vying to say the most. How do I put this? You know when you're in a room with someone who just like the sound of his own voice and a lot of what he says serves no true purpose or carries any depth? Or perhaps, you're in a room with someone and the silence has stretched out so long - or in order to prevent the silence from stretching - that you just have to say something - anything - just to keep the awkwardness from building up? Yeah. That's every single one of Kirkman's characters.

Tony Moore - who was responsible for the art in the first six - dropped out of the project after issue six, continuing to create the cover art. His replacement, Charlie Adlard, is suitable, making the characters his own, rather than attempting to copy Moore's style. Sadly, not even Adlard's art could save volume 2 for me. My fear is to what depths volume 3 will take me.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Walking Dead, Vol. 02.