~J~ Riverina Romantics's Reviews > Over the Line

Over the Line by Cindy Gerard

Dec 07, 11

bookshelves: on-blog, on-amazon, suspense, hard-copy
Read from December 05 to 07, 2011

3.75 Stars

Cindy Gerard is a legend. I LOVE her writing. It's clean, sharp, snappy, sexy and intense as hell.

Over the Line was another great read and I guess if I didn't already have the high 'Cindy Gerard' expectations I probably would have rated it higher, but it just didn't draw me in as much as the first three and definitely the last book I read in this series.

I was forewarned that this wasn't quite as good, so I was prepared. I started reading anticipating that I wouldn't enjoy this book - and although that was untrue - I did like this book, it just wasn't as hard hitting for me as the others.

It took a long time for me to feel the heat between the characters and there was a few too many twists, turns and point of views. Usually Cindy Gerard can have me sitting on the edge of my seat with heart palpitations but I didn't get there with Over The Line. There just seemed to be one problem after the other, after the other, after the other and although it kept me guessing, I did become a little tired of it.

Did I enjoy it?? Hell yes.
Did it keep me entertained from start to finish?? Yes sir, it did.

But if I compare it to book 3 in this series? It just wasn't in the same ball park.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Over the Line.

12/07/2011 page 280

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Baba  ♥♥♥ Tyler, Marcus, Archer, Dean, Adrian, Dan & Hunter Nice review, Jodie! I haven't read it though. In fact, it is the only one I haven't read in this series. I just wasn't all that interested.

~J~ Riverina Romantics It definitely wasn't as good as the first 3. Still enjoyable, but not as suited to what I wanted as the others were.