Holly Boyd's Reviews > Me, Myself and Why?

Me, Myself and Why? by MaryJanice Davidson

Nov 09, 11

I'm actually not sure how many stars to give this book...it was a bit like not being able to look away from a car accident. It's probably one of the most bizarre books I've ever read (actually listened to). The main character has Multiple Personality Disorder, she is a member of a special FBI unit that is full of mentally ill agents...her partner is a sociopath, there is a kleptomaniac, an agoraphobic, etc. It is so unbelievable I was waiting to find out this was all going on in the main characters mind and none of it was real..sort of like the movie A Beautiful Mind or that Chris Bohjalian book "Double Bind", but no you need to buy in to the idea that someone would bring all these unusual personalities together to hunt down the craziest of killers.
There are some very funny parts and some very graphic, violent, horrific parts...like why the main character has multiple personalities.
Anyway..I'm not sure I would recommend this book, but at the same time I'm going to look for the next book in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Me, Myself and Why?.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Laura Maynor I felt exactly the same way about it. There is a new book in the series and I may get it to see if it gets any better, but I wasn't impressed. It was exactly like a bad car accident. I didn't want to finish listening to it, but I couldn't stop either.