KarenA's Reviews > Lord of the Vampires

Nov 09, 2011

it was ok
bookshelves: pnr
Read from November 07 to 09, 2011

uhm... whoa.. there's a lot of sex in this book. lol. I guess thats to be expected since its a 'harlequin' book.

Reason I picked it up is because one of the authors I enjoy reading wrote the 4th book (Lord of the Abyss by Nalini Singh) of the Royal House of Shadows Series which is a collaboration of 4 authors, each writing about 1 of the four siblings.

Book 1 wasn't as good as I had hoped. I've already read a few chapters of Book 4 and loved the characters and plot, but this one just felt a bit thin.

Jane was an alright character, but Nicolai was just plane annoying! I really wanted to like him, especially how he was described haha, But he talked like Tarzan which made him seem Shallow and unintelligent. And if i read the word 'Mine' one more time, i think i'm gonna puke. A few parts disturbed me as well. The implied Sexual Abuse and Rape is a huge turnoff. Blech!

Yes certain parts were a bit steamy lol, but I'm glad this book is over and done with and I hope the other 3 books have a little more character depth (fat chance... I forget I'm reading romance books sometimes)

This book should've been called 'Lord of the Jungle' cuz Tarzan Nicolai acted like an ape!

2stars from me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lord of the Vampires.