Bobby Luke's Reviews > The Waste Lands

The Waste Lands by Stephen King

Jan 02, 12

Read from December 15, 2011 to January 02, 2012

This book was very interesting, I am constantly surprised by the crazy stuff Stephen King can come up with time and time again. (I guess experience should teach me otherwise, but what can you do). We see a lot more character development for Eddie and Susannah, and a lot of "stirring the pot" as far as the overarching plot is concerned. There was a lull in the action about 3/4 into the book, but I realize now that it was intentional, and so it really isn't that big of a deal.

Now I really feel bad for those readers who read this when it was first published, as the book ends on quite the cliffhanger and I understand Mr. King did not release the next volume in the series until 6 years later. Now that's just cruel. I fortunately do not have that particular problem, and will be starting the next book right away. (Yay for starting book series after all of the books have been released :))

Choo-choo!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Waste Lands.

12/20/2011 ""All is silent in the halls of the dead""
12/21/2011 "Charlie the Choo-choo"
12/28/2011 "Hate to say it, but it was getting pretty slow there for awhile - but now it has just picked up...right as we had to get off of the plane..."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Marilee Yay! Finally!

Bobby Luke Haha, I know, right? Just read about a large 70 ft. bear....and then...moved backward in time. Darnit!

Marilee Yeah, he hops around a bit in this book. Be aware that this book has some pretty weird stuff. I knew that Stephen King had a crazy imagination, but this book cemented that for me.

Bobby Luke Marilee wrote: "Yeah, he hops around a bit in this book. Be aware that this book has some pretty weird stuff. I knew that Stephen King had a crazy imagination, but this book cemented that for me."

I always expect that with him...haha. But we came back to the bear, and then finished. All I have to say is, bear snot filled with maggot-like parasites? EWWWWWWWWW :)

Marilee I agree about the cliffhanger. Those poor people who had to wait (and wonder if King would be healthy enough to finish it). I think I started Wizard and Glass the next day after finishing The Waste Lands.

Bobby Luke As did I. I think I am actually enjoying this book more-so than the past 3. Eddie is the man!

message 7: by Bryan (new)

Bryan Wizard and glass is possibly my favorite in the series.