Tricia's Reviews > Comfort Food

Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs

Jun 01, 2008

liked it
Read in June, 2008

Gus Simpson is turning 50, has two 20-something daughters, and her own cooking show which is experiencing a ratings slump. The story revolves around her need to heal from tragedy, develop better relationships with her children, and define who she is and what she wants out of the rest of her life....with a little romance thrown in the side.

One problem I had with The Friday Night Knitting Club is that there were too many darn characters in the book. It's even worse in this book because the book isn't as long. It just seemed like the characters didn't get developed as well as I would have liked. And the ending? Don't even get me started. I love a happy ending, but this one was so ridiculous it was like nails on a chalkboard.

I read this because I needed a little mind candy. And, it is good for that. I thought the premise was good (better than knitting, for me personally) and there were even a few moments where the author really explored some raw feelings. But, other times the story was just over the top and not very believable.
5 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Comfort Food.