Peggy Barker's Reviews > Blow Fly

Blow Fly by Patricia Cornwell

Nov 27, 2011

Read from November 11 to 26, 2011

Patricia Cornwell holds my undivided attention in 'Blow Fly', as usual, with another page-turning saga. I welcomed the diversion of the typical 'Kay Scarpetta' story plot to the point of her losing her position as Chief Medical Examiner in Richmond,VA and relocating to Florida where she becomes a consultant.

However, had it not been for the strong roles of Lucy, Rudy, Pete Marino and the reappearance of FBI agent Benton Wesley, I don't think I would have rated this novel so highly. I honestly felt that Scarpetta would surely blow her stack when she found out that Marino, Lucy and Senator Lord all knew that Benton was still alive: signing himself under alias names; stowed away by a witness protection program.

Like some of Patricia Cornwell fans, I was happy that the culprits such as Rocco Caggiano, Bev Kiffin and Jay Talley were captured and destroyed. But where is Jay's twin, Jean-Baptiste Chandonne?.. an escapee from Polunsky (Texas) prison, where he was on death row, who has practically disappeared into thin air...a hardened phycho of a criminal who is bound to resurface, soon.

Perhaps the remainder of the Scarpetta series gets better, even though I did welcome the slowed-down pace by a very intriguing storyteller.

Two thumbs up for Patricia Cornwell!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blow Fly.

11/15/2011 page 101