Kathrynn's Reviews > Dalakis Embrace

Dalakis Embrace by N.J. Walters

Nov 10, 08

bookshelves: erotic, romance-paranormal, own, unfinished-2008, ick-meter, reviewed, anthology
Read in June, 2008

There are two short stories in this erotic vampire book. This series centers around 3 brothers--Dalakis--(vampires) looking for their mates via a shared dream. This book contains stories about the first two brothers.

The first was Harker's Journey and was 80 pages long, but page #1 begins on page number #13. There was very little to the first story and it started right off with a (12 years ago) flashback to a "dream" visit from Cris Dalakis (the eldest Dalakis brother) to Johanna Harker's bedroom when she was 18 years old. No character building. No emotional plot or drama. Just started right off with the vampire claiming his mate. The scenes were very mechanical and without the necessary plot or character interaction were very boring.

The second story was Lucian's Delight (another brother), that comes to find his mate in a reoccurring dream nightmare in a cemetery. It started right off like the first with no character building, no emotional build-up and that's all This Reader could take. Unfinished.

I got this on a weekly special via The Cave when I placed another book order...$10, I think. I will be more careful in the weekly specials from now on.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dalakis Embrace.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Heather (new)

Heather Hey- what website are you talking about ordering from?? Just always looking for more book- related websites!

Heather

Kathrynn I was talking about Ellora's Cave. Check them out at www.ellorascave.com

Enjoy!

message 3: by Auntee (new) - added it

Auntee Ooohh, I had high hopes for this one because I love most of N.J. Walters stuff. Thanks for the heads up! :)

message 4: by Barks & Bites (new)

Barks & Bites Thanks for the honest review.