Leslie (Working for the Mandroid)'s Reviews > Fever

Fever by Lauren DeStefano

2204710
Nov 09, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: dystopia, fiction, romance, sci-fi, ya
Read from June 16 to 17, 2012

Wow, this is one of the most bleak and depressing books I've read in a very long time. There is not a single happy moment in this book. I'd probably rate it a 3.5. Writing is good, story isn't all together predictable, but man, I sort of want to crawl into a ball and hide from the world now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fever.

06/17/2012 page 249
73.0% "Man, this book is depressing"

Elizabeth Did you read the first one? I've been reluctant to read this one...

Leslie (Working for the Mandroid) Yeah, I liked Wither, mostly because of Gabriel, so this one bummed me out, not only because it's seriously depressing, but because it was missing whatever spark of life that the first book had.

Elizabeth Leslie wrote: "Yeah, I liked Wither, mostly because of Gabriel, so this one bummed me out, not only because it's seriously depressing, but because it was missing whatever spark of life that the first book had."

Well that's disappointing. :( (I'm also jealous that you're reading Insurgent. I haven't had the extra money to go get it.)

Leslie (Working for the Mandroid) Elizabeth wrote: "Leslie wrote: "Yeah, I liked Wither, mostly because of Gabriel, so this one bummed me out, not only because it's seriously depressing, but because it was missing whatever spark of life that the fir..."

Luckily the Austin library seems to get all the new "hot" books soon after they are released and the wait list wasn't that long. I'm liking it much better than Divergent and wish I could skip work to read it. Alas... responsibilities and whatnot.

Elizabeth I'm number 40 out of 40 on the hold list. :(

Leslie (Working for the Mandroid) Elizabeth wrote: "I'm number 40 out of 40 on the hold list. :("

Ouch.