Glendalee's Reviews > The Help

The Help by Kathryn Stockett

Nov 09, 11

bookshelves: favorites, historical-fiction, literature-literary-fiction
Read in November, 2011

LAWDDDDD this book was amazing. I didn't know this was a book, like hundreds of other Americans I picked up this book because I saw the movie and it was amazing, I laughed and cried watching the movie I was like "THERE'S A BOOK I MUST READ it" and so I picked it up and I was hooked from the beginning. I'm glad to say the movie didn't change much and if they did it was small details that didn't take away from the story.

The characters in this story are amazing and so well developed that I hated the villains viciously and loved the good ones and cried and laughed along with them.

The only thing I have to say is that I feel like the story is not finished yet and that there should be another book. Because we don't really know what happens in the lives of these characters afterwards, its like I have to assume Skeeter becomes successful in new york and finds a true love, or that Abilene gets a new job and is able to support herself after getting fired, and that Yule may eventually gets out of jail or that Minny ends up finding a place of her own after the whole Leroy incident. Despite this I still loved the book, its up there in my favorite categories! I LOVE IT

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Help.