Amber's Reviews > Deity

Deity by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Aug 22, 2012

bookshelves: 2012, shp
Read from August 06 to 08, 2012

Deity by far, is my favorite of the Covenant series. Jaw dropping ending and sweet romance.

Darn you, J.L.A.! I about had a stroke!! Yes, you belong in the naughty chair until you can learn to play nice!! LOL

I'm afraid of something." "What?" I whispered. He drew in a deep, shuddering breath. "I'm afraid of never being allowed to feel what I do."

Life hasn't been easy for Alex. She's still grieving over the loss of her best friend, Caleb, among other things. Alex was pushing people away and a much needed pep talk from Luke, was exactly what she needed. There was something happening to the half-blood servents in the New York covenent. Seth is sent to New York. Before he leaves, Alex gets another rune.

Head Minister Telly has an agenda and he isn't letting Alex off the hook. He's up to no good and his character shows as much in Deity. "I don't hate you, Alexandria. I hate what you are." Ugh! Telly is one sinister **$&%*$ He got my blood boiling! I had my sneaking suspicions about Telly and what his agenda was. The threat of the Order and what their role is and their purpose was explained as well.

There were so many twists throughout Deity that just when you think you knew what was going to happen, you were thrown for a loop. Deity was by far my favorite in the Covenant series thus far. I grew a deeper admiration for a few characters.

I did get a little frustrated with Alex. She denied the fact that Seth was going to end up hurting her in the end. She wanted so badly to see the spark of goodness in him, but I think we all know he will stick to his dark side. He tended to skirt around Alex's questions and that really aggrivated me. I am total team Aiden! Nothing will change my mind at this point. You will swoon hard in this installment. The romantic elements between Aiden and Alex was...let's just say all the pent up tension between the two is peaked and leaves you with a grin that reaches ear to ear.

I loved the depth with the Gods woven into the story and the history presented. I really thought that added great elements into the storyline and opends new windows into another great plotline.

I could ramble on and on about Deity. That ending!! Oh, man! This is one book that I didn't want to end. This is a real treat for fans of the Covenan series. Absolutely loved this!

A few quotes I laughed at and loved...

"So about this Leon god thing? I don't know of any gods named Leon. Is he like the red-headed stepchild god that no one claims?"

"You want to fight me now, in your true form?" "I will fight you in any form, you little punk-ass brat."

"Seth, most guys bring girls roses or puppies. Not people, Seth."

"Are you okay?" He nodded slowly. "Yeah, I'm great. Nothing like witnessing a death match between gods when I'm trying to get some Cheetos."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Deity.

08/09/2012 page 141
39.0% "Squeee...." 2 comments

~Tina~ Yay's! You got it:D Happy Aiden reading;)

Amber ~Tina~ wrote: "Yay's! You got it:D Happy Aiden reading;)"

I did!! I already put J.L.A. in the naughty chair! And, I'm only a few pages in!! LOL I about had a stroke! Lol

~Tina~ HA! You are gonna have so much fun with this book roomie!

Alexa Yay! :D

Amber Alexa wrote: "Yay! :D"

I can't believe that ending!!!

Alexa I know, it was insane! @_@

~Tina~ Mannnnnnnnnnnn! Your making me want to read this all over again!!! GAH! Great review!!

Team Aiden baby!!! <3

Amber ~Tina~ wrote: "Mannnnnnnnnnnn! Your making me want to read this all over again!!! GAH! Great review!!

Team Aiden baby!!! <3"

Thanks, Tina! I know!! Me too! Team Aiden!!!