Stacia (the 2010 club)'s Reviews > Loss

Nov 09, 2011

bookshelves: to-read

Loving the new cover!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Loss.

message 1: by Jackie (new) - added it

Jackie Kessler Thanks!

Stacia (the 2010 club) You're welcome. :) Can't wait to see what you have for book 4 now!

Kelly Really? I was just thinking that I like the old covers better. They were darker, grittier. More in line with the subject matter, IMHO.

Stacia (the 2010 club) I could see why you'd think that. The darker background does lend a more ominous feel. Even though the third is lighter in color, I think the style and layout is still reflective enough of the first two, at least enough so that I can see the tie-in.

One nice thing about the third cover is that it's easier to see in the thumbnail pictures. However, if I was looking at the book without knowing what it was about, I'd probably think it was a traditional high fantasy book.

Hunger (Riders of the Apocalypse, #1) by Jackie Morse Kessler Rage (Riders of the Apocalypse, #2) by Jackie Morse Kessler Loss (Riders of the Apocalypse #3) by Jackie Morse Kessler

Kelly I think that you hit on it exactly. I am not the biggest fan of high fantasy, and that is precisely what the new cover makes me think of. Also, the new cover seems somehow younger to me. Like it is aimed at a younger audience. And these books are definitely more for older teens.