VillaPark Public Library's Reviews > My Fellow Americans

Feb 25, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: mystery-readers
Read from January 04 to 19, 2012

There are almost always mixed ratings in our group - often because there is such a range of mystery/suspense styles. Readers who don't like conspiracy theories and ambiguity won't enjoy this book. (Note: most of us mystery readers admit to liking everything tied up neatly and the good guys winning - that's why we read mysteries).

Everyone appreciated Graff's knowledge of and affection for Chicago. Interstingly, the two things that seemed to bother the group the most were his use of full names for his characters and the acceptance of the lack of presidental elections. (No one questioned the hero getting kidnapped and tortured).

We're all looking forward to hearing Keir Graff speak at the Villa Park Public Library on Monday, February 6th at 7pm. His talk, " How I kept My Day Job and Became a Published Author" is part of the Inside Writing and Publishing - DuPage Branch - series. Everyone is welcome. Please register at the checkout desk by calling 630-834-1164.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Fellow Americans.