Donna's Reviews > Legionary

Legionary by Gordon Doherty

Nov 13, 11

bookshelves: first-reads, own
Read from November 09 to 10, 2011

First, the story alone nearly rates itself four stars, I was happy to follow along and cheer for our scrawny underdog of a hero. But there are a few "buts." I admire you for self- publishing, but PLEASE have someone proofread it next time, the typos are numerous and very distracting, plus, the continual (and I mean continual) erroneous use of the word "fug" was a personal affront (I love that word, but it refers to odorous, NOT a foggy head!) And last, the verb tenses, especially on "stood" and "sat" were all wrong. I felt at times like I was reading the poor-relation screen play of Gladiator. But seriously, a bit of polish on this story would bring it up to un-putdownable level. The exploits and pure chutzpah of Pavo, and that he kept on ticking with all those lickings, was both humorous and up lifting in a "feel good" kind of way. I have one request Mr. Doherty: when you write the sequel (and I really hope you do, I can't wait to see what Pavo & his buddy Sura do next) can you please send the manuscript to me for proof-reading before you print it? Thank you:)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Legionary.