Buried In Print's Reviews > Astrid Lindgren: A Critical Study

Astrid Lindgren by Vivi Edström

Nov 27, 11

bookshelves: nonfiction, lit-crit, ms13-bibliography, kidlit, in-translation, read-in-2011
Read from November 09 to 27, 2011

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Astrid Lindgren.

11/09/2011 page 40
12.0% "Speaking of her love of Anne of Green Gables as a girl: "Oh, you unforgettable one, you ride forever in the gig beside Matthew Cuthbert under the blossoming apple tree at Avonlea! How I lived with that girl! One whole summer my sisters and I played at Anne of Green Gables in the big heap of sawdust up at the sawmill; I was Diana Barry, and the puddle by the midden behind the byre was the dark, reflecting wave.""
11/12/2011 page 88
26.0% "And now I am at the Pippi parts!"
11/15/2011 page 130
39.0% ""Is [Pippi Longstocking] perhaps Annika's shadow -- the female figure of fantasy, and compensating character, that every girl secretly keeps by her side and listens to -- she who dares everything and manages everything -- this Pippilotta Delicatessa Windowshake Mackrelmint Ephraimsdaughter Longstocking?""
11/17/2011 page 234
70.0% ""People's feeling, people's love, or lack of love, relationships between children and grown-ups, all these mean much more to me than anything else." (From a letter AL wrote in 1975)"