Agatha's Reviews > Love You More (Detective D.D. Warren, #5)

Love You More (Detective D.D. Warren, #5) by Lisa Gardner

F_50x66
Nov 09, 11

This is not my typical type of book, but I enjoyed it! It was an engaging, entertaining read that kept me coming back for more.

It is #5 of a series called the “Detective D.D. Warren series” about a female police detective in Boston who solves mysteries. In this one, D.D. Warren is summoned to work on a mystery in which a female state trooper has apparently shot and killed her husband and her child is still missing. Was it out of self-defense? Was she a battered wife? Did she also kill the daughter? Is the daughter still alive? I liked how the two main characters were women AND how the main motivations for both women were “female” – doing what they had to do for their children, etc. For this reason, the book resonated with me more than your typical police mystery story. In fact, it reminded me a bit of Patricia Cornwell’s Kay Scarpetta* series, but before those books turned weird. :)

I may look for the others in this series. The others are called (in chronological order): Alone, Hide, The Neighbor, Live to Tell, [#5 above], and Catch Me. She also has a few other series, it looks like; I don’t know anything about those!

*but without the dissection/CSI angle.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love You More (Detective D.D. Warren, #5).