m e r's Reviews > Addicted

Addicted by Charlotte Featherstone

Jan 25, 12

bookshelves: historical-romance, favourites, regency
Read from January 23 to 25, 2012

This book is the best historical romance I've ever read. I loved the wonderfully written and it is absolutely beyond perfection. It's a masterpiece, indeed. The premise is so moving, full of emotional and I was damned! Damned everytime I turned the page, read every breathtaking lines, and beautiful words. Heart-wrenching, heartwarming, you name it.

The passionate love and strong willed between both tortured soul hero, Lindsay and heroine, Anais, is the mere reason made this book so beautiful. Truth to tell, it is hard to find someone like Lindsay in real life, who is hopeless romantic, determined to have the love of his life back, and willing to do anything in the name of love. Having to read his pleads and proclaims of never ending love to Anais was excruciating. It took me all strength to keep me from weeping!

I honestly hated Anais for what she did. Her being filled with hatred, resentful, and vengeance was simply unforgivable. I understood her for being heartbroken but nothing could beat at least hearing for explanations. However, I loved her at the same time because she did something amazing towards others. It wasn't easy for her. The act of kindness, selflessness that is. If I were Anais, I couldn't do it. I would've died giving away something so sweet, dear, and precious.

You see, this book is all about love. Love for the partner, parents, siblings, friends, young ones etc. I bet most of us familiar with this very famous saying, "Love conquers all". It's just awesome, you know. Awesome!

I highly recommend this book, especially historical romance lover. It's absolutely worth reading this one. I guarantee you will not be disappointed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Addicted.

01/23 page 85
19.0% "Gosh, this book is so emotional. Must bear it, definitely must go on with it." 4 comments
01/24 page 222
50.0% "Ugh Anais, go back to him already! This is so excruciating."
01/24 page 323
73.0% "Serve you right, Anais. Serve you right."
06/11 marked as: favourite