Jen's Reviews > The Realms of the Gods

The Realms of the Gods by Tamora Pierce

Nov 14, 11

bookshelves: gods-running-amok, fantasy, animal-kinship, adventure, magic, read-in-2011, young-adult, romance
Read from November 09 to 14, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

Definitely the weakest book in the quartet. The romance in this series just didn't build as nicely as all the romantic relationships in the Alanna series and I felt like it happened because it was supposed to and didn't really feel anything for the relationship. And for those of you who know me, you know I like to "ship" characters all over the place.

I felt like the journey scenes were kind of bleh, and Daine did most of her character growth in the other books so there wasn't anywhere left for her magic to go, and the most interesting parts of the book were the interactions with the immortals. Not the Gods or lesser Gods, though.

However, I'm glad I did decide to pick this book up from Audible when I couldn't rent it from the library because it ties up all the loose ends and does feel complete. It just didn't feel as satisfying to me as the awesomeness that was book 3.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Realms of the Gods.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new) - rated it 3 stars

Jen I had to join Audible to buy this one because my library doesn't have it for some unknown reason.