Suha's Reviews > My Name is Red

My Name is Red by Orhan Pamuk

Dec 24, 11

Read from November 09 to December 09, 2011

it a fantastic overwhelm book. the Nobel Prize Novelist gave us a diamond like novel, with it's exotic oriental flavor. Pamuk proof us that the Novel would be always at the top of literature world.
what the first thing attracted me, when i started this book, was it's chapters divisions (which i'm aware that it's not a new one)and the tone in each one of it. On the other hands, we notice that the author managed to polish his work with that traditional folk tellers tone and manners, so that helped us to sink even more deeper to his story sphere and era, the thing in particular which remind me of the Iliad, with it specific style of description and speech manners, the thing that makes hardly to believe it's an nowadays piece of work.
i think it;s very honorable and encouraging to know that this kind of literary work still could be produce in our time. yet, to be honest, i must of confess that i couldn't get to fallow the intrigues of the murder and it's investigation well enough, to a point that i couldn't recognize the killer to the last moment, may-be that's because I've never looked to this work as a thriller work. My name is red is full with more deeper perspective matters that the murder event, like the interaction between the two eastern/western cultures, the intellectual miniaturists environment conflicts, and above all the point of view of this society in that era to the world.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Name is Red.

Quotes Suha Liked

Orhan Pamuk
“I don't want to be a tree; I want to be its meaning.”
Orhan Pamuk, My Name is Red