The Sweet Bookshelf's Reviews > A Beautiful Dark

A Beautiful Dark by Jocelyn Davies

Nov 09, 2011

I just finished this a few hours ago and I am still thinking about it. There is so much happeneing that I feel like I need to process it. I absolutely loved it. Love love loved it!

Skye has so many layers to her. I would love to know her and be her friend. She meets two boys on her seventeeeth birthday and thus starts the love triangle. Some of you don't care for a love triangle, but I for one LOVE them! I'm all about the romance and the more boys to choose from the better, I say. She actually has three boys to choose from. Lucky girl!
This story is deep in a secret world that holds Skye's past captive. I felt completely drawn in by everything that was happeneing and I was trying to guess what was coming next, but nope, I couldn't. This had me guessing the whole way through. I don't want to say too much, you know I don't like to give anything away.

I was actually shocked with the ending. Then I was sad. I actually liked this one character and was rooting for him and am shocked by what happened. This is such a wild ending that I did NOT see coming!

I can not wait for book 2! I actually want to re-read this immediately to let it sink it a little bit more before I move on to the next book. Totally great read! Plus, the cover is gorgeous right?!

Quote:“This was like something from the nature channel: wolves trying to mark their territory. Finally Ian picked up the crumpled bill and begrudgingly made change.
Well, I never asked to be marked.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Beautiful Dark.