Kaitlyn's Reviews > Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

Feb 14, 2012

bookshelves: classic-lit, for-school, love-story, best-books-ever, chick-lit, laughs-and-giggles
Read from February 07 to 14, 2012

Loved it!!

Mr. Darcy, Elizabeth & Mr. Bennet make my world go 'round ;)

Quotes Kaitlyn Liked

Jane Austen
“There are few people whom I really love, and still fewer of whom I think well. The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; and every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence that can be placed on the appearance of merit or sense.”

Jane Austen
“It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.”

Jane Austen
“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”

Jane Austen
“I could easily forgive his pride, if he had not mortified mine.”

Jane Austen
“I must learn to be content with being happier than I deserve.”

Jane Austen
“She is tolerable, but not handsome enough to tempt me, and I am in no humor at present to give consequence to young ladies who are slighted by other men.”

Jane Austen
“Till this moment I never knew myself.”

Jane Austen
“An unhappy alternative is before you, Elizabeth. From this day you must be a stranger to one of your parents. Your mother will never see you again if you do not marry Mr. Collins, and I will never see you again if you do.”

Jane Austen
“Yes, vanity is a weakness indeed. But pride - where there is a real superiority of mind, pride will be always under good regulation.”

Jane Austen
“Vanity, not love, has been my folly.”

Jane Austen
“I have the highest respect for your nerves, they are my old friends.”

02/07/2012 page 64