Drew Wohlford's Reviews > As Good as She Imagined: The Redeeming Story of the Angel of Tucson, Christina-Taylor Green

As Good as She Imagined by Roxanna Green

Nov 08, 11

Read in November, 2011

Grab a box of tissues when you pick up the latest offering from Jerry B Jenkins. Jerry guides a grieving mother, Roxanna Green; through the story of her daughter Christina-Taylor Green and the day she was shot and killed. At the beginning we see a brief history of the family and in depths look at who Christina–Taylor really was. An imaginative, fun girl who had everything to live for and at her young age was already doing good for others. We go through that day, January 8, 2011 when little Christina–Taylor was shot and killed in Arizona while attending a meet and greet for Gabrielle Giffords. We see how the country rallied around the family including the president of the United States.
Finally we see how in her memory great things are still being done. I really like the format of the book, a snippet about the shooter that day starts each chapter followed closely by a bible verse that pertains to the chapter. It is a quick read and anytime a book can hold my ADHD attention enough for me to finish the book in one night then I know it’s a great book. “As Good As She Imagined” is a must read, especially for those who feel at times that they don’t make a difference, you will be inspired.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read As Good as She Imagined.