Eileen's Reviews > The Sandman, Vol. 1: Preludes and Nocturnes

The Sandman, Vol. 1 by Neil Gaiman

F_50x66
Nov 08, 11

Read in November, 2011

I don't know what I expected when I checked this book out, but it wasn't this. I didn't rate it a "5" only because I personally have trouble reading graphic novels -- I don't know how to follow the panels properly. But the story was amazing, the art was both beautiful and terrifying, and it truly captured everything that Neil Gaiman evokes in his novels.

I've already requested the next two volumes from the library and can't wait to read them.

P.S. The young kid at the library was really excited that I was checking this book out, and he already requested another Neil Gaiman graphic novel for me, 1602. It's been a long time since anything I did made anyone think I was even remotely cool.... =)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Sandman, Vol. 1.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christian (new)

Christian I had the whole Sandman series of comic books back in my college days - Loved most of the series, except for the ones around the Delirium character - those I remember being really hard to follow. Still, even when it's hard to follow I agree that the artwork kept me engaged. Enjoy the rest!