Marissa Culp's Reviews > Mahu Fire

Mahu Fire by Neil S. Plakcy

F 50x66
Dec 28, 11

bookshelves: erotic, gay, mystery

In the third Mahu installment, Kimo finally meets someone he can have a real relationship with! Yes, I'm excited for him!

While at a fundraiser for Hawaiian Gay Marriage, a bomb goes off and sets the building on fire. Kimo and his friends and family are all there but make it safely out. The only casualty is the Vice-Mayor, which puts this case on the hot-plate, so to speak. Fire Investigator Mike Riccardi (hot, hot, hot) arrives shortly thereafter and together with Kimo, investigates the trail of the bomb. They get together often - over dinner, drinks, and the burnt out building - to discuss the case and find they have a lot in common, including the fact that they're both gay and find each other attractive.

That's all I'll give away about the book (there's so much more, trust me), but I will tell you that I absolutely love the pairing of Kimo and Mike. The only thing I'm iffy about is Mike's mustache. I'm just not a 'stache girl. Mike does have his issues but it seems he is overcoming those and I really look forward to see how this relationship is played out.

Fires are burning all over the island, but none are as hot as the one between Kimo and Mike! (Oh, so corny but it had to be said!) Start the series with Mahu and Mahu Surfer and you'll see why Kimo is such a great character and Neil S. Plakcy such a great writer.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mahu Fire.