Ami's Reviews > Home and Heart

Home and Heart by Chris Quinton

Nov 26, 2011

bookshelves: mm-contemporary, mm-romance-or-erotica
Read on November 27, 2011

This one is an endearing tell about "getting back on your saddle" again theme. Adam shows up on his grandma's house, after being burned -- losing his business, having a bad break-up his lover, and broke as well. But with Ben's positive attitude, Adam is able to get back on his feet, and I guess, along the way, find his real "home" as well.

I like the contrast character of these two men, and it is written so well. Ben is a positive guy while Adam is more grumpy (life hasn't been good on him, I guess). I like how Ms. Quinton makes an approach towards domestic abuse in not a simple way. See, Adam and his mother suffered from abuse from his Dad. However, after several years, turns out that those high-and-lows that his father was experiencing were symptoms of Bipolar Disorder. I like the fact that it's not a simple explanation on that.

I enjoy how the relationship between Ben and Adam develops ... how they settle for friendship at first before acting on their strong attraction (by the way, LOVE how Ben shouted his feeling for being in love with Adam, one of my favorite scenes!). The fact that Ben is adamant not being Adam's "rebound fuck" is refreshing.

With wonderful setting -- winter in small English town -- and a couple of such cute dogs(!), it results in a very good and satisfying Christmas-y story.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Home and Heart.