StorySeekers's Reviews > The Night She Disappeared

The Night She Disappeared by April Henry

May 09, 12

bookshelves: to-read, 01-to-06-2012, galley, ivy-shelf
Read in May, 2012

This book was just like one of those crime TV shows. You know how the victim and many witnesses are talking about what happened during the big event that almost killed the victim. They all talked about what they remember what happened or what the police did. The narrator of the show then feeds us some chilling sentences and it cuts off to commercials.

This book is all of that, but without all of those cheesy commercials.

You pretty much get every point of view there is. The boy who was there when the call was made. The girl who was supposed to be the victim. 911 calls. Different pieces of items that might helped the case. Even the victim and killer have point of views in this story.

So if you like those crime TV shows, like Snapped or Forensic Files, then you will enjoy this book.

Now for the part where I tell you why I liked this book a lot. I felt like I was the investigator putting the pieces together because the author does supply you with a lot of evidence along the way. Like any good investigator, you have to pay attention to details.

Another thing that I liked, even though it did feel like a crime show at most points, there were some sweet moments between two characters. Gabie and Drew were at some points complicated. Drew has had a crush on Gabie for awhile, and Gabie is so used to being unnoticed that she doesn’t notice Drew liking her. After Kayla’s disappearance, this tragic event brings them together. Gabie doesn’t want to be alone. She is afraid that the guy will come back for her. Drew is there to protect her, in case the guy does come back for her.

Gabie doesn’t believe Kayla is dead. When the kidnapper was supposed to take you, I would feel that same hope as well. The ending was satisfying because Gabie didn't give up. She believed deep down that Kayla was alive and that gut feeling saved Kayla.

After I was done though, I felt like it was okay book but there wasn’t enough umph to make it unforgettable.
-Ivy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night She Disappeared.