jo mo's Reviews > The Girl Who Could Silence the Wind

The Girl Who Could Silence the Wind by Meg Medina

Nov 09, 11

bookshelves: 2011, fairytale-folktale-myth-legend, historic, magical-realism, dramarama, adoptee-or-orphan, arc, egalley
Read from November 08 to 09, 2011

2.5/5

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girl Who Could Silence the Wind.

11/09/2011 page 25
10.0% "Sonia felt a gust of winter wind and something falling away from her, dropping as softly as silk ribbon from her long, black hair. She looked all around--so shocking was the feeling!--but saw nothing.(..) Somewhere on the path(..),the ties that bound her to their home in Tres Montes had been cut loose."
11/09/2011 page 28
11.0% ""Sonia Ocampo a servant? Ridiculuous! She's a gift from God." "So what? Everyone needs to know about a little dusting and fetching--even an angel," Tia Neli insisted. "How do you think heaven stays so white and clean?""
11/09/2011 page 46
18.0% ""Ignore her," Rafael said (..) "Irina Gomez has never known passion in her heart, mind, or loins. How can she fan a flame of hope in anyone else?""
11/09/2011 page 234
91.0% "Abuela sighed and made Sonia's eyelids heavy. Good memories blew through the room. Learning to swim in the river, roasting chicken legs on the fire, searching for lizards after rains, running the cliffs, even the Saturday morning arguments at market."
11/09/2011 page 240
94.0% ""God does the right thing by crooked paths," he repeated. "This is the just punishment for sin." He caught her by the elbow as she started to walk off. His grip was still firm. "The sins here have been mine eall along (..) Look at what I've done with my bull-headedness. I asked a young man to give up hope for a future. I made a girl carry the burdens too weak to carry myself.""