Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* .'s Reviews > Madhouse

Madhouse by Rob Thurman

Nov 13, 11

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read from November 08 to 12, 2011

Madhouse is the third installment in the Cal Leandros series by Rob Thurman and in my opinion, the best one so far. I loved the story. It was full of action and plenty of page time with each character. Ms. Thurman really found Cal's voice in this book. I felt like more story was told and less internal monologuing by Cal. Though books one and two were really good, they were so full of sardonic monologuing that I couldn't get through the pages without going back and re-reading the conversation to remember where it was going in the first place. This book had the same feel as books one and two but the story was really there and full of adventure. It starts off with an investigation into a Museum where an apparent robbery has taken place to revive the ashes of one Sawney Beane who, in his day, was an evil killing force that took an entire army to take him down. He's back and Cal and his brother Niko are enlisted to stop him. They, along with Niko's vampire love interest, Promise, and their good friend Goodfellow, who's a Puck as well as a few allies they pick up along the way, set out to find Sawney and stop him. There's a side plot that involves Goodfellow and it deals with something that happened in his past. This book was great. It had a lot of story to tell and it was done very well keeping the action coming and the brotherly relationship that I've come to love from Niko and Cal was as strong as ever. I can't wait to read the next one in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Madhouse.

11/09/2011 page 1
11/12/2011 page 140
42.0% "Taking me longer to read this book then normal. Im usually through a 300 page book within two days but the closer the holidays get, the busier I get. Not enough time to sit down and read.. but the book is great so far."
show 2 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Shay (new)

Shay I will give this series a try. I have them on my kindle but never started them.

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Shay wrote: "I will give this series a try. I have them on my kindle but never started them."

Hi Shay, you wont be disappointed. Im on the 5th book in the series and it keeps getting better and better. The first book takes some getting used to. The POV of Cal is sometimes so drawn out in his internal monologuing, its easy to get lost. But the story is really interesting. Have fun! Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

message 3: by Shay (new)

Shay I have it scheduled for Friday nite. I only have 2 more episodes of Game of Thrones to watch so after that I will start to read this series.

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Yah! Let me know what you think of the books when you've read them. :) I've heard great things about Game of Thrones but I've never watched it. Is it worth watching?

message 5: by Shay (new)

Shay I have read all the books and they are doing a great job with the series. I love it. I waited till I could watch all in a row. Hate to have to wait by week.
I have started the series Once upon a Time and that one is proving to be a good one too.

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . I might just have to check it out. I hate waiting weekly for shows as well. Sometimes I feel like it looses steam if you have to wait. I love just getting them on dvd or watching them on Netflix one after another at MY pace...plus the added bonus of no commercials.. LOL! I haven't watched Once Upon A Time but I've seen the advertisements and it really looks good. I decided not to watch it though because I already have way to many shows I have to keep up with. Supernatural, Fringe, Walking Dead, Dr. Who and Sons of Anarchy. Thankfully True Blood, Being Human and Justified are on hiatus. LOL! Or I'd never get a chance to read.

message 7: by Shay (new)

Shay I hear you. I watch most of the ones you have listed but have not heard of the Sons of Anarchy....what is that about?

Hazel G. (I ♥ Mancandy) *Craves the Angst Reviews* . Sons of Anarchy is a tv show that comes on Tuesday nights on FX. Its about an outlaw motorcycle club that does some pretty wild and crazy things in the name of the club and family. Its not paranormal in any way but its a really great tv show with an amazing cast. If you get a chance, check it out.