Sylvia 's Reviews > Insurgent

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

May 09, 12

bookshelves: if-there-were-ten-stars-i-d-give-it
Read from May 02 to 09, 2012

WOW, I think I´ve never been reading such a smart book. It´s twists and turns made my brain ache and there were so many things happening on one page I could not lose focus for one single moment.
The books continues right where Divergent closes, there´s not a single minute inbetween and like in Divergent, Roth describes all the settings so carefully I had no difficulties in diving into Tris´world again.
I adored the gentle relationship between Tris and Four in Divergent and loved to see it continue in Insurgent. Although - in the middle of the book - I had the sudden urge to stab Mrs. Roth because she was taking that away from me for a lot of pages. But a relationsship´s never easy in reality, nor is it between Tris and Four. Decisions had to be made and sometimes you just don´t agree with eachother. Tris continues to be this strong character we know from Divergent and I love how much she believes in herself. Just the same, the memories of her parent´s dying and Will´s death at the end of Divergent do not make life easy for her and leads her to actions I could only shake my head in disbelief. Still, I was adoring her for her bravery.
I think the books ending was not quite unpredictable, but now you just can´t tell where Roth´s 3rd book is leading and this makes me crave it even more. I hope it´s going to be out very, very soon and can´t wait to hold it in my hands.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insurgent.

05/03/2012 page 270
51.0% "I love it love it love it. So many twists and turns my brain aches but I love it love it"