McGuffy Morris's Reviews > Let's Take the Long Way Home: A Memoir of Friendship

Let's Take the Long Way Home by Gail Caldwell

Nov 08, 11

Gail Caldwell has written a beautiful and very heartfelt book of friendship between women. She captures the importance and depth of such a relationship.

Originally, she and Caroline (Knapp) connect through the common bond of their love of dogs. Over the following years Gail and Caroline become the best of friends, experiencing many life situations, serious issues, and remain connected through it all.

There is strength in numbers. When we are young we don't realize the ease with which we have of making friends. School, our neighborhood, church, clubs and functions all offer opportunities to make friends. As we age, we connect through employment, parenting situations, clubs, social scenes, and of course the many technological opportunities. But it is more difficult to find time to make the real, deep, intense connection of true friendship, as we once did.

"Let's Take the Long Way Home" is a tribute to Gail and Caroline, and a gift to all women and their friendships, highlighting the importance of this female bond and its effect on our lives. This book is meant to be read and shared. I fully recommend that women read and savor this book. Appreciate it, and your women friends. If you are blessed with a special one, let her know...now.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Let's Take the Long Way Home.