Cina's Reviews > The Infernals

The Infernals by John Connolly

Jul 02, 12

Read from June 29 to 30, 2012, read count: 2

As soon as this sequel was release I checked it out from the library. I had the dandiest time plowing through the first chapter and ended up returning it without reading it all the way. I love the characters of this book: Samuel, Nurd, Ms. Abernathy and even the Great Malevolence. So I was really interested in following the characters on yet another adventure. The first time I checked it out was in November of 2011, I just checked it out again this weekend (6/29/12) and I was determined to read it. Some authors are good writers and they deserve as many chances as you can give them even if the read is slow. This is the case of John Connolly and The Infernals. Amusing, spotted through the story a sense of dark humor, a tale again of unexpected valor and triumph. Connolly spent the first few pages of the book catching the reader up and summarized Book 1 and gave a nice lead up to the current book. I felt although Sam's story was very similar to his last escapade something was missing. I am not to sure if the footnotes at the bottom of the story proved to be a distraction for me but I just could not wrap myself into the story this time around. I did finish it in a day and even re-read the ending but that special magic that was in the first one is some what lost in this one. Nothing much has really changed for Samuel or Nurd, they are two friends under the oddest circumstances, and the introduction of a few new characters were pleasant but still something just wasn't there for me like it was in Book 1.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Infernals.