Jeanne's Reviews > Erak's Ransom

F_50x66
Nov 17, 11

bookshelves: young-fantasy
Read from November 08 to 17, 2011

I am so glad John Flanagan went back into time and let us know how Will did before he became a full fledged Ranger. This was a great story reuniting all of my favorite characters. I rated this so high because this was my favorite of all the books so far. I was sad when time jumped and I didn't get to experience Will's graduation to Ranger level. I am glad we as readers were brought back to see this happen.

Even though I knew what would happen, that the characters would be safe because books 5 and 6 are ahead in time, I still found myself biting my nails through this book wondering how our heroes would get out of their dilemmas.

And there were still lots of surprises.

I would have been much more nervous had I read this book before books 5 and 6.

In addition to enjoying the adventures in this book, I really enjoyed the banter between the characters. It's the characters that I've fallen in love with here and I love to witness their interactions with each other. I find myself laughing outloud many times during this book. I am really glad Gilan had a larger part in the series as well. He is one of my many favorites.

I do not want these adventures to end.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Erak's Ransom.