Catherine's Reviews > Taming an Impossible Rogue

Taming an Impossible Rogue by Suzanne Enoch

Nov 08, 2011

bookshelves: england, excellent, historical, manipulation-plot, rake-bad-boy, read-2012, romance, series
Read on March 31, 2012 — I own a copy

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Taming an Impossible Rogue.

03/31/2012 page 66
19.0% ""I don't have ill luck," Keating protested. "I make ill choices. There's a very large difference."" 15 comments
03/31/2012 page 102
29.0% "He'd lusted after women before, far more often and for less reason than he should have, but he couldn't recall that he'd ever actually liked any of them. Liked, appreciated, enjoyed. This realization seemed very significant, but his mind insisted that it didn't matter. He had obligations that superseded his affection for a woman he'd barely met. In addition, if he'd learned one [cont'd]" 1 comment
03/31/2012 page 121
34.0% "And what he wanted from her in addition to friendship didn't signify, anyway. Men like him didn't win the hearts of virginal chits. He might warrant an infatuation from her, but anything else would only leave her bloody, battered, and bruised."
03/31/2012 page 151
43.0% "

"I thought that was you skulking by the door."

"I'm a duke. I don't skulk; I strategically overhear."

03/31/2012 page 164
47.0% "

"I'm no good for you," he said, his mouth dry.

"I don't want you to be good for me."

03/31/2012 page 173
49.0% "That small movement nearly did him in, and he snapped at the driver to leave before he could do something even more foolish and kiss her. Because apparently even with the evidence of his past sins splattered on the ground around her feet, she still liked him. And that wasn't supposed to happen."
03/31/2012 page 175
50.0% ""We are a scandalous place, you have a scandalous reputation, and you have befriended a very scandalous man. Either change one--or all--of those things, or...make yourself a thicker skin, Cammy.""
03/31/2012 page 184
52.0% "

He scowled. "Stop being such a clever chit. It'll do you no good."

"Won't it?"

"No. It's far better to be mercenary than clever. Act for your own preservation rather than wasting your time deciphering everyone else's motivations."

03/31/2012 page 287
82.0% "

"Evidently, however, two martyrs aimed in the same direction could easily conquer and destroy any possible means to happiness before them."

-Greaves on Camille and Keating" 4 comments

Juliana Philippa Do you know what it's about?

Catherine No clue, unfortunately. :( I can't find a blurb about it anywhere.

message 3: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Hi Catherine, long time no speak! Did you love this?? I've just stumbled upon it and think it sounds fab. I haven't read the first in the series but this one appeals to me more than the blurb of the first.

Catherine Yes, I really liked it! I just wasn't in the mood to write a review. lol. I'm sure I'll reread it eventually, so I'll write it then. :)

message 5: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Oh my reviews are very few and far between nowadays. And even then they're only a couple of short paragraphs long!

I only just realized this is a Suzanne Enoch book... as in London's Perfect Soundrel Suzanne Enoch. :D

Catherine Yes, that Enoch! I love that Enoch. :)