Kiersten Fay's Reviews > Dragon Bound

Dragon Bound by Thea Harrison

Jan 05, 2012

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dragon Bound.

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-4 of 4) </span> <span class="smallText">(4 new)</span>

Chacelyn Pierce Hope you enjoy this, the story was great but I couldn't stand the head-hopping in each paragraph and the un-italicized thoughts. I'm interested in reading the rest though, just not in any big hurry.

Kiersten Fay Hmm, I might have to move this up in my TBR list. :) I'm not sure how I feel about head-hopping, sometimes it works and sometimes it's just confusing.

Campbell I listened to this as an audio book and I've noticed that listening to a book versus reading it affects my thoughts and feelings. I love this whole series (all audio) but didn't like Christine Feehan's Carpathian books on audio. I couldn't get past all the voices "like black velvet" and blood "flowing like molten lava" in the first 2 books. If I had been reading them I may have been able to skip over those phrases. One author I listened to had a Q&A segment at the end w/ a question about the names of his characters (aliens). He said that he structured them in such a way that the reader would know what type of alien it was by the way the name looked. It didn't affect the audio version, in my opinion. I wonder if authors take audio versions into consideration or not when writing. I would think it depends on the author.

Kiersten Fay Campbell wrote: "I've noticed that listening to a book versus reading it affects my thoughts and feelings...."

I agree. I read a lot of romance, and love how the stories unfold, but many romance movies are super duper cheesy and usually make me roll my eyes more often. Something just doesn't translate well for me from page to screen.

I would think only publisher take audio versions into account, but more and more authors could be thinking about them as well.