Sara's Reviews > Something Blue

Something Blue by Emily Giffin

Nov 08, 11

** spoiler alert ** I read this book immediately after finishing it's prequel "Something Borrowed". Many of the previous reviews sum up my feelings about this book as well: it's simplistic approach to character development and the sense that while our heroine has her comeuppance, it isn't nearly as satisfying to the reader as it should be. We don't see her facing her inner demons and recognising her part in her own downfall to the extent that her about-face is credible. A leopard does not change its spots so seamlessly. Yes, there are a few bumps along the way, but there is nothing except a miscarriage scare that truly challenges Darcy's world-view. I also find it difficult to understand why Ethan, who so clearly dislikes Darcy would allow her to sleep in his bed after she imposes herself upon him by staying in his apartment for an indeterminate period of time. As well, I greatly object to the idea of a pregnant woman having sexual relations with a man who is not the father of her child. Call me a prude, if you choose, but I'm just not "jiggy" with it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Something Blue.