Sassy Brit's Reviews > The Leader's Dilemma: How to Build an Empowered and Adaptive Organization Without Losing Control

The Leader's Dilemma by Jeremy Hope

Nov 08, 11

Read in November, 2011

A Must for ANY Leader!

Authors, Jeremy Hope, Peter Bunce and Franz Röösli take us through how we can achieve an empowered and adaptive organization based on 12 management principles. Think of the organisation as an obedient machine (where the assumption is everything is controllable) and compare it to the adaptive systems view in this book where the leadership style is more flexible, creative and empowering. But still in control.

Each principle is first summarised and then given its own chapter in which there are detailed lessons and case studies to learn from. I really like how, at the end of every chapter they highlight key points to consider for your organisation and provide suggestions for caring and ethical leadership styles that govern, not dictate. Something many organisations should consider incorporating into their own management styles. In fact, it's a must for any leader!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Leader's Dilemma.