Kaitlin's Reviews > Catching Jordan

Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Dec 01, 11

bookshelves: netgalley, read-in-2011, favorites
Read from November 11 to 13, 2011

Check out more reviews at Books to the Sky.

(I received this book free of charge in exchange for an honest review.)

Catching Jordan is one of my favorite books I've read this year, by far.

For some reason I love books/movies/TV shows about sports, but in real life I hate sports. I hate watching them or hearing people talking about them. It's so boring! Catching Jordan happened to reminded me of Friday Night Lights, which was one of my absolute favorite TV shows. I was drawn to it from the beginning.

Jordan is a captain and quarterback of her high schools football team. I love her! She a strong independent girl who can hold her own against an entire team of football players! Who doesn't love that?

Jordan loses her focus on football once Ty moves to town from Texas. Another reminder of FNL. I could just imagine his cute Texas accent. He's also a quarter back and he's gunning for her position. Ty and Jordan end up dating. He's sweet, but there were a few times that I wanted to smack him. He made some comments that peeved me.

Jordan finds out that her long time best friend Sam Henry has been in love with her and everyone but Jordan knows it. Sam is loyal and sweet. When Jordan's dad doesn't acknowledge her playing football Sam stands up for her. I found myself rooting for him the entire time.

I know that fact that this is about football might deter some readers, but I just want you to know that isn't the main focus of this book. The main focus is Jordan and her life, which is a very intriguing life. I promise you'll get sucked in.

Miranda Jordan is in the process of writing TWO companion novels for Catching Jordan, which I couldn't be more excited for!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Catching Jordan.

11/11/2011

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp_arrow    newest »

Mesa ohh I can't wait to read it! It's sound amazing!

Yarethzia how do you get the free books? and great review