Isabella Atara's Reviews > Flame of Surrender

Flame of Surrender by Rhiannon Paille

Nov 09, 11

Read from November 07 to 09, 2011

I read it in a day it was that good!

My head is still spinning a bit about the plot though because I can't believe it. It's better than ice cream for a break up. The plot was original, the characters were relatable and down to earth despite not living on Earth. Sometimes I felt like this wasn't even epic fantasy, it was more like urban fantasy in a forest, but anyway I bought it on amazon and it was in the epic fantasy section. It's not really like the other epic fantasy books I've read. There's less rigid regime, I mean the rules are there but the characters break them all the time. They don't bother conforming to the rules at any given time and so they remained individuals even though others were practicing the traditions of the land. It was amazing to watch because I kept thinking that people nowadays are really like that. It also had some great themes like sacrifice, honor, true love, and death.

I'm going to be suggesting this book to my college book group. I'm already coming up with discussion questions for the group.

All you really need to know is that this book is one of the best books I've ever read and you should read it because it will change the way you look at your life.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flame of Surrender.

11/08/2011 page 159