Karyl's Reviews > Hold Tight

Hold Tight by Harlan Coben

Nov 07, 2011

liked it
Read from November 07 to 09, 2011

I'm not sure why this book didn't resonate with me as much as the other two Coben novels I've read. Maybe I'm getting too used to his writing, and feel it becomes repetitive. Maybe it's because I didn't like some of the way he's stereotyped his characters. Hester Crimstein, the edgy, hard-nosed head attorney who happens to be Tia Baye's boss, got to her position because she chose her career over a family, and when Tia chooses her family, obviously her career is over. Some of the plot lines were a bit extraneous; the bit about Ilene Goldfarb, Mike's partner in practice, and her husband didn't seem necessary. There was, after all, no resolution to the mention of their having grown apart over the years. And the end was wrapped up a bit too quickly.

I wouldn't say this is Coben's best, not by a long shot. I'll probably read another, just to see if they measure up to the first two. But it will be a while, I'm sure.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hold Tight.

11/09/2011 page 271
56.0% "If you looked at anything from the outside, it was easy to make sweeping ungenerous judgments."