Erin's Reviews > The Scorpio Races

Jul 23, 12

bookshelves: found-in-libraby
Read from July 19 to 23, 2012

((SPOILERS))
This book was kinda out of my range of reading. Ive never really liked horse books but suprisingly, this one caught my attention. Im giving it 3.5 stars.
- Charachters:
Puck: I felt she didnt really have any character development. At all. She didnt really change at all. Plus she always seemed in a "Dark Mood" or just mean a lot of the days.
Sean: I could see some character development from where he was the man of few words and never really talked to people and then when he met Puck, his feelings started to change and he opened up to her. All around I loved Sean the whole time!

Cons:
-Puck and Sean didnt actually start talking til like 200 pages into the book and that kinda annoyed me.
-Gabe decides to up and leave the island and the reader doesnt find out for quite a while. Also Puck never seems to press information out of Gabe and why he's leaving.
-Sean and Pucks relaitioship grew so little! I mean Sean had a couple thoughts of "Oh I think I like Puck" moments and that was about it. I think they kissed twice. And yeah, thats about it.
- The ending! Are you kidding me! Please, Please, Please tell me there is a second book! It cant end like that! There is no closure and I dont know what happens to Puck and Sean!
- Did anyone find what ages Puck, Finn, and Gabe were? I know it says Sean is 19 on the back but that's about it.

Pros:
-Very very descriptive. I felt like I was on the island and shared Pucks love for the island as well.
- I loved Finn! He was so cute and protective over Puck. The part when Puck gets home late and the house is spotless because Finn was cleaning from stress. Loved it!
- Sean

Im looking over this and Im thinking "Why did I give this 4 stars when I have so many major cons?" I dont know! I just loved this book but there needs to be a second one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Scorpio Races.

07/22/2012 page 352

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Karli Hey, I'm debating reading this right now and I noticed your rating on it. Is it not worth reading?

Erin Well what type of books do you like? I liked it

Karli I ended up reading the scorpio races and I loved it! I'm so glad I gave it a chance.